}

Thursday, March 29, 2012

D.I.Y: Magazine Note Book

I'm super excited to share another d.i.y!  So if you haven't noticed I am a little obsessed with note books and being organized (well the thought of being organized).  I'm also obsessed with magazine and picture cut outs (f.y.i. that is what got me into crafting:) so what is better than putting them both together.

artnotebook
artnotebook2 
You will need: Really thin piece of card board: magazine cut outs: drawing paper, line paper or what ever you want to use; hole puncher; paint brush; mod podge or home made mod podge

How to make home made mod podge: half Elmer's glue and half water. If you feel it is to runny you can thicken it up.
artnotebook3 
Step one: In my note book I wanted my pages to be all kinds of sizes but in every other page I put in these pages from an old calender.  I used them as a pattern for my cover.
artnotebook4 
Step two: Make pattern for cover
artnotebook7


Step three: Decorate as you wish using the home made mod podge to seal it so there is no lifting.
artnotebook5 
Step four: Well you are waiting for your cover to dry, cut out all you magazine pages and papers and arrange them together.
artnotebook6 
Step four: Well you are waiting for your cover to dry, cut out all you magazine pages and papers and arrange them together.
artnotebook8 
You can see how all my pages are all different. You don't have to do that if you don't like it.
artnotebook9
I also put line paper behind every magazine cut out and cut the shape of whatever it was to give it a cool little effect.
artnotebook10

Hope you like this. Go crazy and make all kinds of magazine note books!
♥Meagan


No comments :

Post a Comment